14 October, 2008

Home Coming!

[Sorry it's been a while, life got hectic!]

September 30th, 2007

Our first Deployment came to an end, finally.

It was the best day ever. I was up bright & early. I am surprised I even got any sleep that night before. I got up.. Was so excited and nervous. I did my hair, got dressed, did some last minute cleaning.. And anxiously waited to leave. I was meeting my, at the time, friend at her house. Her husband was also on our ship. They had a little boy together. We went to Starbucks on our way to base.. As we expected to get there way early. We planned it like that, so we didn't have to worry about traffic getting on base.

We got to the pier before they had it opened to family.. I think it was between 7-8am that we got there. The pier wasn't open to family until around 9am. But the Ombudsman was there setting up and let us in.

Around 10 or 11am we saw the ship pull in. I start shaking. It was the lonest 20 or so minutes, EVER as they pulled up to the pier and tied down.

My husband was on sea and anchor and was a rope guy. He wasn't in fance uniform, but his coveralls with gloves on. It didn't matter to me. We spotted each other almost instantly. Once they tied up, and the 1st kiss happened. They called liberty.

I've never seen my husband come off that ship so fast. He was probably one of the first 10 off. He didn't change, his gloves were still on.. Everything. As soon as he could, he was off the ship.

He didn't see me, but I saw him. Just like Boot Camp Graduation, I went running for him and ran right into his arms. Shocked him. My legs were shaking and I just held onto him.. Didn't let go for who knows how long. We kissed and hugged.

Once all was said and done, he went onto the ship to get all his bags.. It felt like it took him FOREVER. He finally came off the ship, again. This time with all his bags and stuff in toe.

We drove off in the Mustang.. He was coming home to a house that was OURS TOGETHER.. That he has never seen. And to a kitty he has never met. It was bliss. Pure bliss. It was just the two of us and our kitty. It was absolutely perfect.

We spent the week alone. Enjoying each others company. Enjoying sleeping together. Eating together. Shopping together. We went to our home town in the Palm Springs area that weekend. Everybody was so happy to see him.

He's home. I am happy. He is happy. We're complete. The house feels like a home now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Blogger,

We are a group of students from cochin who are currently building a web portal on kerala. in which we wish to include a blog roll I found your Blogs interesting so inviting you to join our new venture you could find our site here: http://enchantingkerala.org

the site is currently being constructed and will be finished by 20 of Dec 2009

we wish to include your blog located here

http://inthelifeofanavywife.blogspot.com/

we'll also have a feed fetcher which updates the recently updated blogs from among the listed blogs thus generating traffic to your recently posted entries.

If you are interested in listing your site in our blog roll; kindly include a link to our site in your blog in the prescribed format and send us a reply to enchantingkerala.org@gmail.com and we'll add your blog immediately. Ypu can add to our blog if you have more blog pls sent us the link of other blog we will add here

pls use the following format to link to us

KeralaTravel

Write Back To me Over here keralaenchanting@gmail.com

hoping to hear from you soon.

warm regards

Biby Cletus