18 September, 2008

The first step is done...

September 15, 2006

The day I saw him for the first time in 2 months. Our longest separation. I was getting to watching him Graduate from Navy Boot Camp. I was no longer in a civilian relationship. I was in a one in a kinda relationship. I was a Navy Girlfriend.

I remember this day so clear. I didn't think I'd be able to sleep Thursday night. But little did I know, I passed out. I must've been exhausted from a full day of travels. His mom and dad were there. But I got my own room [hey, what can I say? we needed our time too]. I woke up bright and early. I brought a few outfits with me, not too sure what to wear. I had to look stunning though. But I am sure he wouldn't care what I was wearing.

His parents are very old fashion. Take their time. Don't like getting places extremely early. All that jazz. Myself? I grew up being at places early. Better early then miss something? I had heard we should get to base for Graduation early. To get good seats and all that. His mom didn't believe it. So we go on her schedule. We got there on top. We got seats. But they were up on the top level.

Great. Now I had to fight a bunch of families and spouses down the stairs at the end of Graduation to get into his arms? Oh heck no. But what ever, I was there. And in a matter of a few hours, I'd be in his arms.

The steal doors came rolling up. I saw a group of Sailors. I instantly started shaking and holding back to tears. I couldn't believe what I was feeling. It was a feeling like no other. I can't even explain it.

My husband was in one of the top divisions [go figure, I'm having a brain fart]. So his division didn't come marching out like all the others. They were in the back and throughout the whole ceremony, he was only out on stage about 5 minutes. I knew that'd happen though, he told me all about it ahead of time. But it was still great to be there. Be apart of that ceremony.

An hour or two goes by. The ceremony is gone. Liberty is called. Everybody gets up, the Sailors relax and down the stairs I run. His mom, of course, questioned why I was going so quick. We were told it'd be a while before his division was released. I didn't care. I wanted down there. And it's a good thing I went, because he was out of the doors as soon as he heard Liberty call.

People and Sailors everywhere. I was so excited to see him. But was freaking out that I wouldn't find him. His parents were still upstairs and his mom spotted him from up there and I hear "Will!" I look at her and see where she's waving.

I spot him.

I take off sprinting towards his direction. And of course, everybody in between him and I just have to step out in front of me and get in my way. I pushed my way through and finally got to him.

"William!" I yell. And I slam right into his arms and he turns around to see me.

Best feeling ever.

I am still shaking like crazy. He was laughing at me. I didn't want to leave his arms. We got some kisses in there. And lots of hugs before his parents came down.

We did it. We made it through Boot Camp. We were together again. And even though we were to part in a couple days, it would be much easier then what we just went through.

That weekend with him was amazing. He didn't have over night liberty, but his parents still gave us our own time each day. I didn't care about that, I just saw it as an added bonus. I had him. We were together again. Things were perfect. It was like he had never left. I couldn't of asked for things to go any better then they did.

The weekend flew by way to fast. And before we knew it, we were saying good-bye yet again. His dad flew home that Saturday morning. So it was his mom and I on Sunday. Our flight got delayed about an hour or so. We were stuck in the plane that whole time. It was raining out. Perfect weather for my mood.

All I could do was look out the window and think back to all the memories we made that weekend and cry. I wasn't ready to say good-bye again. It wasn't enough time!

I finally made it home. My mom picked my MIL and I up from the air port and I couldn't be happier to see her. I wish she could've came with us. She really wanted to. But he had a limit, and since his parents were going. She passed.

That Tuesday he left for Correy Station in Pensacola, FL for the next journey of our Navy life...



[On a side note: I highly recommend that if you have someone in Navy Boot camp, or planning on joining, go to the Graduation. Do everything in your power to make it. You're loved one will LOVE it and you will too. It's a once in a life time, amazing, experience.]

No comments: