16 September, 2008

Intro Post

Hello all who have stumbled upon this blog of mine.

I have many blogs else where, but I thought I'd make this one about the daily up's and down's of being a Navy Wife. I hope to keep this strictly about that.

My name is Allyssa and I just turned 20 on August 13th. I've been married since Feb 10, 2006 to my High School Sweetheart [gone Sailor] and couldn't be happier. My husband's name is Will and he'll be 21 on Feb 17th.

We met in High School our Junior year and fell in love pretty fast. July 2006 he left for Boot Camp. He signed up a year ahead of time as a DEPer [Delayed Entry Program]. So we knew it was coming, but I was far from prepared.

I was so scared. We had spent every day together for at least the 6 months leading up to that, probably more. How am I suppose to go 2 months without seeing him? And barely talking to him?

I was very blessed. I have an awesome family and support system who were there for me through thick and thin. My husband, then boy friend at the time, was amazing. He called me every chance he got. He 'snuck' a few calls in by talking to me longer then he should have. And he wrote me almost daily, even though it was dark and he was exhausted. I got letters every Thursday. I stalked the mail box until the mail man came. It was the best ever. The letters were awesome. Full of so much love. It was then that I realized how head over heals in love he was with me. We had been together since April 18, 2005 by the way. Apparently it was then, while in Boot Camp, that he decided he wanted to marry me. And I had no idea until well after Boot Camp.

On September 11, 2006 my husband offically became a United States Sailor. He was done and Graduating that Friday. I remember being in my Math class at COD that Monday when he called. I ran outta class to talk to him and it was the best ever. I went home that day and put on all my Navy stuff on my car. My 'I <3 My Sailor' sticker and license plate frame. I was so proud.

That Thursday, early morning, his mother and sister came and picked me up. Off to Great Lakes, IL we went. I was so excited yet oh so nervous. Despite the letters being amazing as ever, I was so afraid of the unknown. Of him not loving me. Or him being completely different.

Little did I know, everything would be the same as ever...

No comments: